A successful Hope-a-thon on the occasion of World No Tobacco Day May 31st 2023 at the Kote Anjaneya Swaami Temple.
District Health Officer Dr. Prasad graced the event as the Chief guest along with Director of BHIO Mrs. Anjali Ajay Kumar, Dr. Y. S Madhavi, BHIO’s Chief Operating Officer Mrs. Nirmala Krishnamurthy, Mr. Raghavan of Red FM, Mr. Harsha of Arnold Fitness. Over 700+ participants were present for the Hope-a-thon, including students from various colleges. Thank you all for making this event a success.
Bharat Hospital and Institute of Oncology commemorated the World No Tobacco Day through a series of awareness initiatives throughout the month of May.
As a hospital committed to the well-being of our community, we have taken the initiative to organize a range of awareness activities, with the collective goal of fostering a tobacco-free society.
1. The series of initiatives was commenced into Hope-a-thon with over 1200 participants from across the city being part of it.
2. Tobacco awareness skit was performed in front of the iconic Mysuru Palace
3. A short Film Competition for college students wherein the hospital covered 18 colleges and received 20 videos for the completion from college across Mysore.
4. Awareness talks were also organised at colleges to bring in the sense of dangers of tobacco consumption among our youths.
5. Slogan creation competition was also organised for college students, to creatively express their thoughts on the harmful effects of tobacco and its impact on society.
On this World No Tobacco Day, let us pledge to protect our youth from the devastating consequences of tobacco addiction, and together, let us build a healthier and brighter future for all.